Our innovations & technologies
Our Innovations & Technologies
Ingenia’s innovation initiatives are driven by a passion to provide the highest standard of product quality and the most reliable service.
Over the years, the company has pioneered the most advanced cabinet construction in the industry and we have never stopped pushing the limits of innovation to perfect it further. That quality of design is reflected throughout our product lines, from fast delivery modular units to fully custom projects.
Through our unique systems approach, we manufacture equipment that :- Provides exceptional I.A.Q. features
- Offers the highest energy efficiency
- Delivers quality acoustical performance
Ingenia’s advanced engineering and manufacturing platform provides unlimited flexibility to adapt to all HVAC needs. From modular to fully custom to jobsite assembled units as well as special acoustical or energy recovery requirements projects, we never compromise on quality.
We are a solution based company. As such, we continuously ensure that our systems include the latest technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ quality expectations.
- Unit dimensions are infinitely variable.
- Indoor and outdoor configurations available.
- Shipping configurations can be one piece, modular or palletized to be assembled at the jobsite.
- Cabinet design exceeds the AHRI standard 1350 “mechanical performance rating of central station air-handling unit casing”.
- Systems can be fully customized with integrated chilled water or direct expansion (DX) cooling and dehumidification, as well as a complete line of highly efficient energy recovery devices.
- Cabinet materials: G-90 galvanized steel, aluminum, 304 or 316 stainless steel or a combination of these materials.
- Exterior and/or interior powder coating.
- Complete internal antimicrobial powder coating including all internal wall surfaces, filter racks, coil racks and all structural components.
- Industry leader in jobsite assembly AHU technology, Ingenia’s systems require up to 60% less field cabinet assembly time than units from our competitors.
- No-through metal access doors and frames, with double gasket feature.
- Wash-down units have a smooth finish on the interior cabinet surfaces.
- Acoustic and thermal resistance flexibility for all applications: 2”, 2.5”, 3” and 4” wall thicknesses, with complete no-through metal at all locations, including base frame, floors, walls, doors and roof panels.
- Cabinet insulation is available in Zero Ozone Depletion polyurethane foam or various fiberglass densities.
- Cabinets designed for up to 15” w.g. and wall deflection less than 1/240. Resistance to higher static pressures available upon request.
- Outdoor units are equipped with an absolute weatherproof roofing system: a secondary inclined roof is completely independent from the air pressure seal of the unit.
- Wash-down duty floors include a complete water management system: recessed multi-slope floor surfaces with removable strainer catch basins.
- Coil rack systems designed to allow for the individual removal of coils.
- Multi-slope stainless steel drain pans.
- Single or multiple fans with internally mounted motors as well as a complete choice of fan types: centrifugal, axial, mixed flow and plenum.
- Conventional AC motors, permanent magnet (PM) or electrically commutated (EC) for highest possible efficiencies.
With its unique and visionary approach, Ingenia offers the most complete line of premium AHU. From fast delivery modular units to fully custom projects, from factory assembly to jobsite assembly, we have developed a unique approach to cater to all customer needs.
Ingenia’s exclusive software offers a quick and easy way to design the unit, select components, price and fabricate the simplest to the most sophisticated AHUs. By including an extensive list of suppliers, our software allows the designer to compare various configurations, monitor all cost variables and ultimately design the optimal configuration..
Ingenia’s team has streamlined the production cycle into a structured process where sales, engineering and manufacturing are totally integrated and fully automated..
With the integration of manufacturing 4.0 digital technologies, Ingenia’s production lines are now fully automated to ensure repetitive and predictable accuracy. State of the art sheet metal machine tools and robots are used to handle, shear, bend and powder coat all parts to perfection.
Typical analysis of a traditional air handling system show how the initial cost of the equipment accounts for less than 20% of the total cost of the whole life of the system. The remaining 80% is due mainly to energy costs and, marginally, to maintenance costs.
Energy savings from superior Cabinet design
Ingenia’s air handling units’ superior cabinet design ensures energy savings. Traditional HVAC systems can waste vast amounts of energy due to poor thermal performances and leakage of their cabinets.
We manufacture the highest energy efficient air handlers in the industry with complete no-through metal construction on all base frames, floors, walls, doors and roof panels.
Tailored energy recovery options
All of Ingenia’s air handling units can be fully integrated with the following energy recovery devices:
- Fixed plate heat exchangers
- Heat pipe and wrap around U-pipe
- Direct/indirect evaporate cooling
- Double passive and active heat recovery systems
- Run around glycol or refrigerant loops
All of Ingenia’s air cooled or water-cooled DX air conditioning systems feature fixed speed Scroll or variable speed Scroll compressors, known for their superior efficiency, proven reliability and ease of installation.
All Ingenia’s direct expansion (DX) systems use environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant.
Energy savings from
Ingenia’s unique EC fan array systems use high efficiency, electronically commutated (EC) motors that offer power savings ranging from 10% for full airflow to as much as 50% savings when operating at 25% partial duty airflow. In most HVAC applications, average fan energy saving of 30% are easily obtainable in conjunction with superior acoustical performance and redundancy.
- Extremely quiet operation
- The Ingenia EC fan array system’s high flexibility does not require costly VFDs
- Speed range of 10 % - 100% vs. min 30% for VFDs
- The intelligent design allows multiple EC fans to be controlled and monitored remotely using a 0-10 V signal
- In the event of a malfunctioning fan, the speed of the remaining fans increases to compensate for the loss of airflow
- EC fans operate in both 50Hz and 60 Hz
- Vast operating range of 0 F up to 140 F
- Can operate with up to +/- 10% voltage power spikes
- Easy replacement of the non-operating fan
Energy savings from high efficiency variable speed compressors
One-circuit systems, up to 15 tons of cooling, come with a single variable speed Scroll compressor that provides continuous modulation between 25% and 100% capacity.
Units above 15 tons of cooling come equipped with multi-circuit systems and a combination of fixed speed Scroll and variable speed Scroll compressors. This results in a hybrid configuration of on/off steps plus full modulation capability up to 120 tons of capacity.
Scroll compressors achieve infinite capacity modulation between 25% to 100% without the need to start stop as often as a traditional compressor. This results in enhanced reliability and less maintenance because of the reduced wear and tear on the compressor.
Some of the advantages of Ingenia’s modulating compressor technologies are:
- High system efficiency over the entire operating range by matching capacity with demand
- Precise capacity matching providing continuous modulation between 10% and 100% capacity
- Precise and smooth temperature and humidity control without any fluctuation in set point
- No complex internal suction and discharge valves for quieter operation and higher reliability
- Easy to service and maintain due to their compact size and lightweight simple design.
Energy savings from high efficiency low sound EC condenser fans
Maximum efficiency and minimum energy consumption.
Compact, cutting-edge technology, user-friendly and simple operation are the foundation of the EC condenser fans and all of Ingenia’s air cooled DX air conditioning systems feature these fans.
Unmatched low power consumption of the EC condenser fans’ technology reduces operating costs.
Energy Savings from high performance microchannel condensers
Ingenia’s built-in or remote air cooled condensers can be equipped with high heat transfer all aluminum low refrigerant charge microchannel.
Microchannel condenser coils are composed of three components: a flat microchannel tube, fins located between the microchannel tubes and two refrigerant manifolds.
Product quality and integrity are maximized since only one braze is required compared to hundreds manually brazed connections with traditional copper/aluminum coils.
Some of the advantages of Ingenia’s microchannel condensers are :
- Up to 30%
- Up to 60%
Reduced transport cost and easy handling
- Up to 25%
Smaller or less fans, reduced fan speed (less noise) and reduced energy consumption
- Up to 50%
- Up to 80%
Reduced refrigerant charge
- Up to 30%
Thermal and Air Leak Tight Cabinet Technologies
Hygienic wash-down floors
Ingenia’s intensive research and development efforts have resulted in the creation of a floor surface specifically designed for health sciences applications. This innovative floor design offers the fundamental strength for large air handling cabinets. In addition, the floor is recessed to create a completely welded water management floor surface. Stainless steel drain outlets can be provided at every accessible section. To ensure positive flow drainage, the floor surfaces can be sloped towards the drain connections.
The floor is heavy gauge aluminum diamond plate. Checkered plate stainless steel floor surface is available as an option. All floor sectional joints and corners are welded to ensure complete water tightness.
Unique in North America for the highest and most uniform thermal resistance cabinets, Ingenia’s air handlers are insulated with injected polyurethane having and R-value equal to 6.5/inch. Besides the higher thermal performance, injected polyurethane foam insulation has many advantages over fiberglass; most notably, it is a closed cell matrix with a water permeance factor of practically zero.
Other outstanding performance characteristics are: superior structural strength and absolute air pressure seal. The cabinets are built to withstand up to 78.0 lbs/sq.ft. or 15” w.g. air pressure and the air leakage rate is guaranteed to meet the requirements of Class l casing air leakage rating.
No-trough metal floor structure
The highest energy-efficient air handlers in the industry with complete no-through metal construction on all base frames, floors, walls, doors and roof panels.
Cabinet design and assembly
Ingenia offers the most advanced cabinet assembly in the industry. Panel-to-panel joining is accomplished with 1/4” bolts securely fastened to industrial quality hexagonal-base Nutserts® which are then sealed with butyl polymer adhesive gaskets. The gaskets are compressed between the external panel joints and heavy gauge moldings. The exterior moldings are bolted to high strength industrial Nutsert® fasteners.
Ingenia has been a pioneer in the development of unique acoustical solutions for sensitive applications such as performing arts centers, museums, high-rise buildings with mechanical rooms adjacent to occupied spaces and health-care projects.
Ingenia’s available solutions range from basic fan source sound to positioning of acoustical baffles within the airstream to sound attenuators. The acoustical performance is designed using state-of-the-art sound modeling software which accurately predicts inlet, discharge and radiated sound power levels.
Ingenia offers a complete line of fan options to tailor the solutions to the application. It is possible to use single or multiple fans in a parallel configuration. Keeping in line with the latest technological advancements, Ingenia also offers fan packages with integrated electrically commutated motors. These fan types outperform the conventional industry fans in terms of acoustics and efficiency.
This powerful software brings flexibility and computing power to individual designers and customers and allows them to make product decisions and view the resulting performance impact in a user-friendly environment.
Ingenia’s selection program uses the most advanced software technology to easily configure the most complex air handling systems. The selection options include the performance of internal components. In addition to generating scaled and 3-D drawings, REVIT® files are also available. The program is online and continuously updated.
As the AHU is configured on the screen, the background programs generate manufacturing, costing and order management data, all in one complete package!
- The factory is equipped with the latest technological equipment to test for cabinet leakage, airflow capacity, fan vibration and free field acoustical performances.
- With a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, Ingenia continually strives to not only meet, but to exceed our customer’s expectations with every unit we manufacture.
- Ingenia’s quality assurance program endorses a strong methodology of continuous improvement. Quality is ensured at each step of the business and manufacturing processes.
- All products, including controls are rigorously tested.
- Cabinet panels’ thermal and acoustical absorption and transmission performances have been tested by independent laboratories.
- All equipment and components are in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- All products can be ETL certified.