Air Handling Solutions
Ingenia’s modular air handlers give the designer unlimited capabilities within a pre-engineered air handler platform.
The lean and versatile manufacturing process yields cost effective air handlers with the same features and options typically found in fully custom air handlers.
Our systems provide impeccable air quality while ensuring the comfort of the occupants. Moreover, advanced antimicrobial powder coating applied to all of the AHU’s interior surfaces and bacteria defeating UV lights are just a few examples of Ingenia’s options to prevent contamination and produce a healthier living environment.
Features & benefits
Highest quality indoor & outdoor air handlers with unparalleled performances
- Pre-configured unit sizes with the ability to further modify cabinet dimensions with the Designer software, giving flexibility to match existing unit dimensions in retrofit applications. Output files can be PDF, AutoCad or REVIT®.
- Units can be built in galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel or a combination of these materials.
- The highest energy-efficient air handlers in the industry with complete no-through metal construction on all base frames, floors, walls, doors and roof panels.
- Polyurethane foam injected panels with R-values ranging from 13 to 26 depending on wall thicknesses.
- Exterior and/or interior can be finished with an electrostatic powder coating, whereby all parts are coated before assembly to a minimum salt spray resistance of 10,000 hours.
- Electrostatic antimicrobial powder coating for interior liners is available to meet the requirements of specialty markets such as healthcare, pharmaceutical and others. Minimum resistance to salt spray of 10,000 hours.
- Complete interior wash-down option with water containment floors for healthcare, industrial and food processing applications. Floor drains available in all sections.
- Inlet, discharge and radiated acoustical performances can be predicted with Ingenia's acoustic software.
Capacity & performance
1,000 to 200,000 CFM units customized to meet our customers’ needs.
- Cabinets meet and exceed the AHRI standard 1350
- Casing deflection rating class CD1
- Casing air leakage rating class CL1
- Casing thermal transmittance rating class CT1
- Casing thermal bridging rating class CB0
Cabinet pressure resistance is rated and tested up to positive and/or negative 15” w.g.
Air leakage rate is tested to less than 0.5% at the rated cabinet pressure up to 15” w.g.
Wall deflection is less than 1/240 at the rated cabinet pressure.
Exceptional uniform wall thermal resistance, R-value = 6.5/inch thickness.
Low noise NC-30 or NC-40 design. Acoustical performance can be enhanced with the use of Ingenia's acoustical absorption panel systems.
Casing acoustical performances are tested by an accredited independent laboratory. Sound transmission values conform explicitly with the ASTM designations E90-85 and E413-73. Sound absorption values conform explicitly with the requirements of the ASTM standards: ASTM C423-84A and E795-90.
- Available panel thicknesses: 2”, 2.5”, 3” and 4”
- Polyurethane foam injected insulation
- Complete no-through metal construction on all base frames, floors, walls, doors and roof panels
- Indoor and outdoor configuration available
- Modular or jobsite assembled
- Galvanized steel, aluminum, 304 or 316 stainless steel construction or a combination of these materials
- Exterior and/or interior powder coating
- Complete internal antimicrobial powder coating including all internal wall surfaces, filter racks, coil racks and all structural components
- Outdoor vestibules: full or partial length
- Roof curbs
- Chilled water and direct expansion coils
- Direct and indirect evaporative cooling
- Non-mechanical economizer cycles
Fans and Motors
- Single or multiple EC (electronically commutated technology) fans
- DWDI or PLENUM SWSI fans
- AC, PM (permanent magnet) or EC motors
- Variable frequency drives or control packages for EC motors
- Hot water and steam coils
- Integral face and bypass coils
- Indirect and direct gas fired equipment
- Open and closed element electrical heaters
- Humidification options consist of steam, spray, media and evaporative
- Sensible or enthalpy energy recovery wheels
- Sensible and total heat recovery plate exchangers
- Refrigerant heat pipe systems
- Run around loop systems
- Passive dehumidification with the use of a desiccant wheel or active with desiccant wheels and regenerative heat source
- Filter frames designed for high rigidity with easy-to-install bolted filter retainer clips
- All filter efficiencies including HEPA and bio-containment filtration
- Factory designed, provided and installed
- Provided by temperature controls contractor and factory installed
- Media type silencer with Tedlar® lining
- Special design acoustical baffles to achieve ultra-low airborne sound performance
- Fluorescent or LED lights
- UV lights
- Complete wiring per voltage or single voltage with step down transformers
- Rigid galvanized EMT conduits, threaded galvanized or aluminum conduits
- Flexible liquid tight conduits
- Factory mounted and wired frequency drives
- Factory mounted, wired and programmed EC motor controllers
- Power panels
- Factory provided and installed hydronic circuits
|AFBMA 9||Load ratings and fatigue life for ball bearings|
|AMCA 203||Field performance measurements|
|AMCA 210||Laboratory methods of testing fans for rating purposes|
|AMCA 300||Test code for sound rating air moving devices|
|AMCA 500||Test methods for louvers, dampers and shutters|
|ARI 410||Forced-circulation air cooling and air heating coils|
|ASHRAE||62-89 ventilation for acceptable indoor air quality|
|ASTM A525||Steel sheet, zinc coated by hot-dip process|
|ASTM E90-09||Standard for measurement of airborne sound transmission loss|
|NEMA MG1||National electrical manufacturers association
(motors and generators)
|NFPA 70||National fire ptrotection code|
|NFPA 90A||Installation of air conditioning and ventilation systems|
|OSHA||Occupational safety and health administration|
|SMACNA||HVAC metal duct association|
|UL 1995||Heating and cooling equipment|